Saturday, August 18, 2007

Give Peace a Chance


Give Peace a Chance-Click on Cartoon to Enlarge

America had entered Gulf War I and the Peace activists were making themselves known. It was the first time I heard the ridiculous statement-"I support the troops but not the war."

I remember walking past a few guitar slinging, hemp wearing individuals huddled in a grassy area singing a John Lennon tune. I giggled inside and hoped our wild squirrels that lived on the campus would chase them away.
Ironically, I was not listed on The Ram Page Staff that issue. I guess our Editor didn't agree with my view. I was such a warmonger. I've been called worse.
Originally published February 21, 1991.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a HAWK! Maybe even a baby killer! You probably drive a big SUV. ;>)

Thirsty Bear said...

A red, white and blue SUV!

jel said...

hay there Thirsty bear!

Thirsty Bear said...

jel...Hooyah!

jel said...

I'm glad someone thinks that!

jel said...

have ya gone for the winter already, Bear?